- 2.5% of people are Aboriginal, and 50% of people in gaol who are teenagers are Aboriginal
- Problems with drug use, tobacco use, mental health issues and suicide attempts are prevalent in prison inmates
- High incidences of physical diseases due to high prevalence of risk factors
- Need to have good health care in the gaol just to have people getting into gaol (use illness as an excuse not to go to gaol).
- Juvenile myoclonic epilepsy: loses bladder control, bites his tongue
- One of his drugs produced a rash, but when it was taken away, he was started fitting
- Also had Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Dysautonomic: 180/100 with HR 120; then 2 days later he's hypotensive
- GBS - LP to measure protein vs their T cells
See the slides.